Homework- Typically given daily.
- Reading: Students are required to read each night and record on a daily reading log.
- Math Facts: 3rds and 4ths need to know addition and subtraction facts to and from 18, all multiplication and division single digit, basic facts; Students need to know the math facts in a "snap".
- Additional practice pages and assignments may come home at other times throughout the week to support classroom studies.
Ways to Help at Home
- Talk back to books as you read. Here are some ways to "talk back" to books with your parents or siblings at home:
I'm thinking..... I am noticing.... I'm wondering... I can't believe... This reminds me of... This is confusing because...
I like this part because... Why... I think the character is feeling ____ because... I think____ will happen because....
I think the character is __________ because...
- Ask about 1 or 2 unfamiliar words each night from your reading book. Look up the definition in a dictionary. Use the word aloud in a sentence and talk about its meaning with an adult.
Useful Websites for Practicing Third and Fourth Grade Concepts/Skills
Common Core Language Arts Skill Games: Grade 4
Common Core Language Arts Skill Games: Grade 3
Storyline Online - This is an online video website where famous actors read dozens of picture books aloud to you! Click on the book title you
want to hear, put on a pair of headphones, and read along with these wonderful picture books. Notice how much expression these actors and actresses use when
they read. Can you sound like them when you read?
Time for Kids Breaking News - Read the latest Time for Kids articles online to learn about current events. These are fascinating articles about a wide range
of topics. You can read the latest stories, or click on the "Past Stories" link
on the right to read previous articles. Reading the news is an important habit
to form! (http://www.timeforkids.com/TFK/kids/news)
Greek Roots Game- Great for vocabulary building
The Ultimate Spelling Resource Guide
Scrabble World Scrambles: A challenging game for more advanced spellers. Unscramble the letter tiles to make a word. Earn points for each word you unravel.
There, their, and they're: Practice your homophones!
To, too and two: Don't get tricked!
Place Value Games: Click on each label below to play.
Overall Math Skills:
- Mobymax: Individualized math lessons and math fact practice
- Gregtangmath: Math Games, Books and Downloadable Materials
- Common Core Math Skill Games: Grade 4
- Common Core Math Skill Games: Grade 3
Math Fact Practice:
Fraction Monkey -Fractions!
Equivalent Fractions: Study and test yourself!
Fractions for 3rds: Including Find Grampy
Fractions for 4ths: Including Find Grampy
Tools of Measurement
Division: The Quotient Cafe